DL Seeds is currently looking to fill the following Agronomy Research Assistant positions for the 2023 Season:
Term positions: April – October 2023
Summer Term positions: May – August 2023
Under the supervision of the Agronomists, the successful candidates will be responsible for assisting in the management and maintenance of canola research plots in Morden, Manitoba, and surrounding area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with seed setup and treating, plot seeding, cultivating, spraying, and harvesting
- Operation of small plot research equipment including seeders, sprayers, and combines
- Basic maintenance of small plot equipment
- Assist with Data collection
- Assist with breeding nursery events
- Maintenance of yard and shop
To be considered for this position, you should:
- Be completing a degree or diploma in agricultural science or related field
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Be comfortable working in an outdoor environment
- Be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required at seeding, spraying, and harvest
- Be willing to work independently or as part of a team
- Possess very good written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license; a valid Class 3 driver’s license would be an asset
- Previous research or farm experience an asset
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
Location and Transportation:
DL Seeds Inc. facilities are located at 25028 Road 17N, Off Highway #3 near Morden and Winkler. There is no public transportation to the site.
Salary will be competitive, based on education, and experience.
Closing Date: December 2, 2022
DL Seeds thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org